Get Daily SuttonsLaw!

Follow me on twitter for daily updates! @SuttonsLaw

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week 2012: Versace


What better thing to do after eating and drinking for two weeks in Provence than head up to Paris for Couture week? Paris Haute Couture week began on Sunday night with the Versace collection.  In January, Versace had been a showing, not a formal runway show, but this time Versace showed on a splashy catwalk like only Versace can do.  Held at the Paris Ritz hotel atop the converted pool, the show was all fantasy and magic.  Golden mirrors at the end of the runway opened up to unveil the Versace icon bathed in pink and yellow hues.  




Very unlike the January show which showed severe metallics and metals, this collection was more flirty, more feminine.  Without straying from the Versace edge, gowns in irredescent organza and supported bodices stomped the runway.


There were some great coats - which I like to see some daywear in a collection - and dresses with wide belts adorned with various and prominent Roman numerals.  Not my favorite as I really do not want to be a billboard for a brand, especially after I've paid thousands upon thousands of dollars for a dress.


My favorite part of the show was the hair and make up.  Strikingly different from the January show of slicked back ponytails and heavy eye makeup, the soft flowing curls and neutral painted lids have inspired me to grow out my own locks and keep the makeup to a minimum.


And Donatella looked fantastic as she came out on the runway for her bow.  Sometimes a little scary-looking and too tan, she was herself softer and more approachable.

Kids hanging out outside the after party waiting for the celebs
The after party also held on the pool covered floor, was fun with a quirky DJ and even quirkier crowd. Always up for free champagne and a little dancing, I enjoyed myself while remembering what the next day had in store.  Pace yourself!  Something to remember for any future Couture week goer...

What I wore: Not intending to match the always fabulous Cameron Silver, I'm in my beloved
Lisa Perry
with Christine Chiu and Cameron Silver

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely loving Sutton's Blog!!! PLease join and catch up on the lastest in Fashion + Beauty + Couture all around the globe!