Get Daily SuttonsLaw!

Follow me on twitter for daily updates! @SuttonsLaw

Friday, September 14, 2012

Fall Shopping: Armani and the LA Phil



This week I had the unique pleasure of attending a luncheon for the Los Angeles Philharmonic Opening Night Gala at the beautiful Girogio Armani Boutique on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.  The boutique is beautiful and hasn't been altered since its original opening in the early 1990s.  Hosted by co-chairs Eloisa Dudamel, Joan Hotchkis and Carolyn Powers,  Girogio Armani is certainly a lovely place to enjoy a catered lunch by Nobu.
SS 2013 Armani Prive Couture Colletion
And then came the fashion show.  If you read my blog, you may know that I don't love the Armani Prive couture line - though this July it was beautiful.  I guess all the black and darkness intimidates me a little and doesn't quite match my lifestyle or personality.  I ate crow this summer, and I'll take another slice this fall.  This RTW fall collection is really interesting, and it has some color!



The greys mixed with the oranges really popped, and the suits were smart and sophisticated.  I especially loved the graphic lapel "pocket squares" on the jackets.  The suits were paired with pointy flats or red tipped brogues which added to the chicness.  The herringbone print was small and delicate and begged for golden leaves floating through the air.




My favorite of the collection were the silk bermuda shorts.  Worn with black tights and flats, this is a look that I want to channel all fall.  So so cute and cool.  (I'll skip the unnecessary fedora)



And this wool and fur coat is divine.  With just dots of color almost hovering the all-black, this is not only a show stopper, but something to keep and pass on. I mentioned to Barry Frediani, Senior Director for Entertainment Industry PR, that I might even wear it as a dress.


Evening was beautiful.  Like the sun setting on a cool canyon, the orange and pink hues sink into a plunge of relaxation and beauty.  Subtly.  The small crystals on the cocktail dresses and gowns shimmer only slightly amongst the silks and satins.  If this is the new Armani Woman, then I am in.



It could be something to wear to the upcoming LA Phil Annual Opening Night Gala on September 27… I'm still looking!

No comments: